MHG16610 - Episcopal Church of St. John, Arpafeelie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
ARCHITECT: Alexander Ross 1810 Additions
1810-16. Reconstructed Alexander Ross, 1879. Gothic. Orientated east/west rectangular with gabled porch to SW and small vestry NE. Rubble with broached and stugged or broached and droved dressings.
East gable with slightly advanced centre bay with large 3-light simpe perpendicular traceried window, the lower half of which is blind, flanked by blind Y-traceried windows; blind cusped window in gable end; cross finial. 3 simple geometric traceried windows west elevation and 2 east. 2 similar windows with rose window and small double belfryon west gable. Stained glass in east window; pine fittings;
font from St Andrew's Well Street, London. Drystone dyked enclosure. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6101 5050 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7987 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105121 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.