MHG16708 - Former Town Hall, Tower Street, Tain
Former Town Hall in the Renaissance style designed by Andrew Maitland and Sons, 1874-6.
Type and Period (2)
- TOWN HALL (Built, 19th Century - 1874 AD to 1876 AD (between))
- CINEMA (Converted, 20th Century - 1921 AD to 1930 AD (at some time))
The architectural details of this building are described in the supplementary information that accompanies the statutory list. <1>
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1996. Tolbooths and town-houses: civic architecture in Scotland to 1833. . pp 196-197.
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7795 8213 (26m by 28m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB41918 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109611 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.