MHG1674 - Lybster Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
(Location cited as ND 248 358). Lybster Station, built 1903 for the Wick and Lybster Light Rly.
J R Hume 1977.
This station was the terminus of the Wick - Lybster branch of the former Highland Rly. It was opened (by the Wick and Lybster Light Rly) on 1 July 1903 closing to regular passenger traffic on 1 April 1944.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 151.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 193.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2480 3580 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8629 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.