MHG16835 - Shiel Bridge & Causeway, Over River Shiel
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
LOC Local Plan, Feb. 1991: P57/5.3.18. Amenity. A presumption will be maintained against development which has an adverse effect upon this site.
J Aitken : 05/06/01.
Thomas Telford, circa 1815. Wide and high single span stone arched bridge; coursed rubble, dressed stone arched ring and parapet. String course. Approached by long drystone causeway from south. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9355 1887 (7m by 33m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (4)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=11_16 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7213 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/160112 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99476 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.