MHG1687 - Thurso Burgh
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURGH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Erected burgh of barony (Earl of Caithness) 27 July 1633.
G S Pryde 1965.
REFERENCE - Scottish Record Office
Estimate of a new house for William Sinclair of Freswick.
Estimate is for ?120. Elevation drawn.
1816 GD 136/873
Account for Mason and Wright work done on a house for William Sinclair of Freswick. Total sum
William Henderson Architect? Factor?
1818-19 GD 136/875/21-22
1920, Scottish Country Life, Vol 7, No 6, p 261-265 (Text/Publication/Serial). SHG3429.
Thurso Town Council, 1934, Thurso: official guide (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2883.
Pryde, G S, 1965, The burghs of Scotland: a critical list, 68, no. 326 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2640.
Grant, D, 1966, Old Thurso (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2282.
Simpson, G G (ed.), 1972, Scotland's medieval burghs: an archaeological heritage in danger, 32 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2794.
Close-Brooks, J, 1986, Exploring Scotland's Heritage: The Highlands, 33-5, No. 8 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2053.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Close-Brooks, J. 1986. Exploring Scotland's Heritage: The Highlands. 33-5, No. 8.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Grant, D. 1966. Old Thurso.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Pryde, G S. 1965. The burghs of Scotland: a critical list. 68, no. 326.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Simpson, G G (ed.). 1972. Scotland's medieval burghs: an archaeological heritage in danger. 32.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Thurso Town Council. 1934. Thurso: official guide.
- --- Text/Publication/Serial: 1920. Scottish Country Life, Vol 7, No 6. p 261-265.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1099 6800 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8488 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.