MHG1690 - Freswick Chambered Cairn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAMBERED CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Two photographs of 'Freswick Chambered Cairn' were donated to NMAS by Sir Francis Tress Barry in 1904.
PSAS 1904 p.252.
These photographs, now in NMRS, show a round, thin walled structure, not a chambered cairn. Neither Batey in 1980, nor Davidson and Henshall could locate it.
Batey, C E 1984, p62; Davidson and Henshall, J L and A S 1991, p.170.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Batey, C E. 1984. Caithness Coastal Survey 1980-82: Dunnet Head to Ousdale. University of Durham, Department of Archaeology. 30/01/1984. Digital (scanned as PDF). p.62.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Davidson, JL and Henshall, A S. 1991. The chambered cairns of Caithness: an inventory of the structures and their contents. p.170.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1904. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and articles exhibited', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 38 1903-4, p.11-16, 98-102, 149-51, 252-55, 411-15, 468-75. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 11-16, 98-102, 149-51, 25. p.252.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3699 6700 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/74944 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.