MHG16902 - Plockton Railway Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NG73SE 16 7943 3295
(Location cited as NG 794 321). Plockton Station, opened 1897 by the Highland Rly.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Dingwall - Kyle of Lochalsh line of the (former) Highland Rly was opened on 2 November 1897 and remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 137.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 310; pl. 117.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7944 3295 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB6932 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/128079 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.