MHG16982 - County Buildings & Courthouse - Castle Street, Dornoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COURT HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1840 AD to 1850 AD (between))
The Dornoch courthouse built 1840-50 to a design by Thomas Brown II.
The building was listed at Category B in 1971.
The building was reviewed by Historic Scotland in 2014 as part of the Scottish Courts Listing Review. The interior was not seen at a site visit in August 2014, but floor plans were provided by the Scottish Court Service. The court was closed in November 2014 and the building put up for sale. It was proposed that the statutory listing address be changed. <1>
A photographic survey of the building was carried out by Maxwell and Company in 2016 as a condition on a planning application. <2>
The statutory address was amended by Historic Environment Scotland with effect from 11/01/2017. <3>
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2016. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Dornoch Sheriff Court: Castle Street County Buildings and Court House. Historic Scotland. 07/11/2016. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Maxwell and Company Architects and Designers Ltd. 2016. Photographic Survey - Sheriff Courthouse, Castle Street, Dornoch. Colour. Digital.
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Fraser, D.. 2017. Notification of the amendments to the listing of Former Dornoch County Buildings and Court House, Castle Street, Dornoch. Historic Environment Scotland. 12/01/2017. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7975 8960 (32m by 23m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB24637 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/93408 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.