MHG16982 - County Buildings & Courthouse - Castle Street, Dornoch

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • COURT HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1840 AD to 1850 AD (between))

Protected Status

Full Description

The Dornoch courthouse built 1840-50 to a design by Thomas Brown II.

The building was listed at Category B in 1971.

The building was reviewed by Historic Scotland in 2014 as part of the Scottish Courts Listing Review. The interior was not seen at a site visit in August 2014, but floor plans were provided by the Scottish Court Service. The court was closed in November 2014 and the building put up for sale. It was proposed that the statutory listing address be changed. <1>

A photographic survey of the building was carried out by Maxwell and Company in 2016 as a condition on a planning application. <2>

The statutory address was amended by Historic Environment Scotland with effect from 11/01/2017. <3>

Sources/Archives (4)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7975 8960 (32m by 23m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH78NE
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish DORNOCH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.