MHG17057 - Links House, Kennedy Avenue, Dornoch
A two storey, three bay former Free Church Manse built c.1843.
Type and Period (2)
- MANSE (Built, 19th Century - 1843 AD to 1843 AD (circa))
- GARDEN WALL (Built, 19th Century - 1843 AD to 1843 AD (circa))
A two storey, three bay house with centre door masked by later square projecting porch. Designed c.1843 by architect James Raeburn. This was formerly the Free Church Manse. A full architectural description is available in Historic Scotland's listed building report (see link at bottom of record). <1>
A planning application for change of use to a guest house was lodged in 2010 (10/04442/FUL). Internal and external photographs of the building were submitted as a requirement of planning consent. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8005 8954 (62m by 43m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB24649 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111080 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.