MHG17083 - Bank of Scotland, Bonar Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BANK (FINANCIAL) (Built, 19th Century - 1865 AD to 1865 AD)
- GARDEN WALL (Built, 19th Century - 1865 AD to 1865 AD)
Handsome former Caledonian Bank; designed to impress from both the road and the river. Harled with much use of decorative margins and cornices <1>.
Upstanding white washed building with sandstone detailing around windows/between floors & on edges. <2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Beaton, E. 1995. Sutherland: An Illustrated Architectural Guide. Paper (Original). Pg 16.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Sneddon, D, Gheorghiou, D, Hansom, J and Shearer, I. 03/2010. East Sutherland Coastal Zone Assessment survey: Data Structure Report. Glasgow University Archaeological Research Division (GUARD). 12/9/10. Digital. Site 10.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6106 9142 (20m by 24m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB285 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/92199 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.