MHG17093 - Littleferry, Mr Urquhart's House
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1830 AD (between))
This is the building currently described as 347 Littleferry by police. Empty, but starting to be renovated 12/2003 by owners (Sutherland Estate) - human remains and large middens reported from garden. <1>
A photographic record of this house was forwarded to the HER in December 2010. Information from the owner suggests that it was a residential property for workers on the ferry. It appears to have been built in a number of stages, with the Eastern section of ther building being of earliest date. <2>
The modern name of the house is rather confusingly 'Customs House'. A property over 100m to the W is marked as Custom House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map (see MHG32683). <3>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8056 9565 (11m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7016 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111398 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.