MHG17095 - Bertha's House & Store To Rear, Littleferry
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Marked on 1st ed OS. Now called Pier House and belongs to the Henderson family. P/A for new house in garden to rear between it and the storehouse (now recorded separately). External photo.
Trench for services for temporary caravan to rear of house shows limited topsoil over cobbly sunsoil. Limited amount of shell, but not distinctive midden material. Remains of small stone built outhouse in backyard. <1>
Rectangular 2 storey upstanding rendered building. Very well maintained and has a modern slate roof. Extensions exist to east and south. <2>
- <1> Verbal Communication: White, H. Comment by Hilary White, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Sneddon, D, Gheorghiou, D, Hansom, J and Shearer, I. 03/2010. East Sutherland Coastal Zone Assessment survey: Data Structure Report. Glasgow University Archaeological Research Division (GUARD). 12/9/10. Digital. Site 144.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8059 9563 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7018 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111399 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.