MHG17097 - Sunrise (L) & Inver Cottage (R), Baddidarroch Road, Lochinver
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Earlier 19th century, single storey terrace of estate cottages, three 3-bay dwellings now as 2. Coursed rubble, painted tooled margins. Each dwelling with centre door and flanking windows; middle door now blocked as window; lattice pane casements; end and ridge paired coped diamond stacks set on square bases; slate roof with deep eaves. <1>
Surveyed by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in December 2009. Two conjoined cottages built as one stone-built structure with a slate roof, on the north side of Baddidarach Road. The building is one storey, with chimneys at either end. There is one door in the centre of the south face of the building, and one door in the small extension on the north of the building at the west end. The front elevation of the building is symmetrical with four windows on either side of the door; the chimneys are also symmetrically placed. The windows at the back (N elevation) are not symmetrical. The building is still in use as a dwelling but appeared to be unoccupied at the time of survey. <2>
<1> Historic Scotland, Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance), HB Number 1828 (Dataset). SHG24041.
<2> Cavers, G & Hudson, G, 05/2010, Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish, 63, p.90 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24882.
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 1828.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Cavers, G & Hudson, G. 05/2010. Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish. AOC Archaeology Group and Historic Assynt. 01/08/2010. Digital. 63, p.90.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 0953 2313 (59m by 38m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:1828 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1828 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.