MHG1711 - Various Flints - Ha'Green
Findspot of flints.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Info from R Stephan-Murray to OS, 11 September 1981. Numerous brown and white beach flint flakes, cores, blades and scrapers, of a mesolithic - neolithic aspect, were found on ploughed surface of the Hotel Field. A few of implements show secondary retouching.
R Stephan-Murray 1981; Information contained in letter to OS, 28 August 1981.
The area is now largely under grass with a corner of a new car park forming part of site. No surface flints are exposed and the present whereabouts of the flints are unknown.
Visited by OS (J B) 7 May 1982.
Some of finds are in NMAS.
Info from R Stephan-Murray to OS, 22 March 1984.
The NMS catalogue lists a collection of flint flakes from Hotel field. Under Acc. No. 2009.147. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Stephan-Murray, R. 1981. 'Hotel Field (Canisbay p) Mesolithic-Neolithic site', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1981, p.18. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 18. 18.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. 2009.147.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3796 7328 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Mesolithic to Late Bronze Age - 8000 BC? to 551 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9405 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.