MHG17138 - Lairg Manse (Church of Scotland)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MANSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
A listed mid-C19 former Manse in Lairg, Sutherland.
It was listed at Category B in 1984.
Historic Environment Scotland proposed to change the statutory listing address and change the category of listing from B to C in 2017. <1>
The changes proposed by Historic Environment Scotland came into effect as of 12/10/2017. The stable block to the north, walled garden, boundary walls and gatepiers were all specifically excluded from the listing. <2>
The GIS polygon was amended in 2017 to buffer the feature as shown on OS MasterMap. <3>
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic environment Scotland Designations Team. 2017. Assessment against the listing criteria: Old Church of Scotland Manse, Manse Road, Lairg, Sutherland. Historic Environment Scotland. 24/08/2017. Digital.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Environment Scotland. 2017. Notification of the amendments to the listing of Lairg Manse (Church of Scotland). Historic Environment Scotland. 06/10/2017. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5822 0709 (21m by 15m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB8025 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111014 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.