MHG17151 - Bracorina & Former Chapel (Subsequently School)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
NG79SW 10 7145 9272
A roman catholic chapel is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet cvi). A roofed building is shown at the same location on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974), but it is not annotated as a chapel.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 14 August 1996.
The chapel became a school in 1888 when its congregation moved to Morar. It was then subsequently converted into a dwelling. The dwelling was in disrepair in 1997, and the building was placed on the Buildings at Risk Register, maintained by the Scottish Civic Trust. The building has been slowly refurbished, and was taken off the At Risk register in 2010. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 7252 9277 (28m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7223 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108608 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.