MHG17167 - Duncansburgh Parish Church of Scotland, The Parade, Fort William
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Martin Briscoe has uploaded photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. The images are linked directly to this record, but follow the link to the Flickr group (at the bottom of this record) to see further comments. <1>
A watching brief was maintained by RoCAS in 2013 during topsoil stripping immediately adjacent to the west side of the south end of the building in advance of a proposed extension. No archaeological features or finds were exposed. <2>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Fraser, L.. 2013. Duncansburgh MacIntosh Church of Scotland New Hall Extension, The Parade, Fort William: Archaeological Watching Brief. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1046 7404 (38m by 41m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31792 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG17167 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106422 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.