MHG17179 - Early C19 Swing Bridge Keeper's Cottage - Moy Swing Bridge, Caledonian Canal
An early C19 swing bridge keeper's cottage beside the Moy Swing Bridge on the Caledonian Canal. It was listed in 1980.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE KEEPERS COTTAGE (Built, 19th Century - 1820 AD to 1820 AD (circa))
An early C19 swing bridge keeper's cottage beside the Moy Swing Bridge on the Caledonian Canal. It was listed at Category B in 1980.
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe in July 2011 via the Highland HER Flickr group. <1>
The statutory address and listed building record were updated by Historic Scotland in 2014 as part of the Scottish Canals estate review (2013-14). <2>
- <1> SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <2> SHG27361 Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Dixon, C.. 2014. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Sixty Ninth Amendment) 2014. Historic Scotland. 23/06/2014. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1623 8259 (13m by 10m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7088 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/252919 (View on-line CANMORE entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.