MHG17266 - Loy Bridge Over River Loy
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
1803-4. Thomas Telford. Single span hump back rubble bridge.
Locheil - Loch-na-Gaul (early name for Arisaig) road commenced by local landowners by 1803, and then completed by Commissioners for Highlands Roads and Bridges, 1804-5. <1>
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe in July 2011 via the Highland HER Flickr group.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 7075.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1482 8184 (20m by 32m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (4)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HL228 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7075 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108649 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/159937 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.