MHG17288 - Early C19 lock-keeper's cottage - Ivy Cottage, Laggan Locks, Caledonian Canal
An early C19 lock-keeper's cottage (known as Ivy Cottage, but formerly Canal Cottage) beside the Laggan Locks on the Caledonian Canal. It was listed in 1971.
Type and Period (1)
- LOCK KEEPERS COTTAGE (Built, 19th Century - 1821 AD? to 1821 AD? (circa))
An early C19 lock-keeper's cottage (known as Ivy Cottage, but formerly Canal Cottage) beside the Laggan Locks on the Caledonian Canal. It was listed at category C in 1971.
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe via the Highland HER Flickr group.<1>
The statutory address and listed building record were updated by Historic Scotland in 2014 as part of the Scottish Canals estate review (2013-14). <2>
- <1> SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> SHG27359 Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Dixon, C.. 2014. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Sixty Seventh Amendment) 2014. Historic Scotland. 23/06/2014. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 2856 9633 (9m by 15m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB6865 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG17288 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108780 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.