MHG17294 - Store/Fish House, Fishing Station by Dorlin, Shiel Bridge
A 2-storey fish house, part of a fishing station by Dorlin.
Type and Period (2)
- STOREHOUSE (Early, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1850 AD)
- FISH HOUSE (Early, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
Store/fish-house; 2-storey, irregular 4-bay west facing building with single storey lean-to extensions at north and south gables, projecting west as low gabled wings, forming U-plan court to front. All rubble with tooled rubble dressings. Off-centre wide doorway with double leaf plank doors; pair similar openings in 1st floor; symmetrical fenestration with multi-pane glazing in outer bays. 4 ground floor windows in rear elevation. End stack to south gable; square apex finial at north; slate roofs.
Part of fishing station complex, with two icehouses, much altered, which are not part of the listing. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6615 7127 (19m by 21m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB298 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108548 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.