MHG17343 - Fort William Primary School, Achintore Road, Fort William
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SCHOOL (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
A listed, late C19 school building by Alexander Ross.
Martin Briscoe has submitted photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <1>
A photographic survey of the redundant part of the building complex was carried out by the Highland Council in 2011 as a condition on a planning application for the removal of the roofs. <2>
- <1> SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> SHG26423 Image/Photograph(s): The Highland Council. 2011. Photographic Survey, Old Fort William Secondary School, Achintore Road, Fort William. Colour. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0982 7351 (108m by 119m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (4)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB43374 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=1492 (Buildings at Risk register entry)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG17343 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108574 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.