MHG17458 - Gairloch, Charlestown, Gairloch Pier
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PIER (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NG87SW0026
NG87SW 2.00 807 749
NG87SW 2.01 8074 7498 hand crane
(Location cited as NG 807 74). 'Pier, Charlestown, 19th century. A coursed-rubble pier and quay, with a small removable iron post crane. There is a short wood and iron steamer-pier extension. A 2-storey rubble building, corrugated-iron -roofed, has been converted to a fish-processing plant. <1>
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 2009. Photographs of various HER sites by Andrew Taylor (CD 2). Colour. Yes. Digital.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 288.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8072 7498 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11968 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.