MHG17575 - Skye Bridge
Concrete bridge linking the Isle of Skye with the mainland. Built in 1995.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Built, 20th Century - 1995 AD to 1995 AD)
- None recorded
No NMRS Report Found
See also: NG72NE 37 Skye Bridge
Contentious concrete box-girder motorway bridge with oak and copper toll buildings <1>.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 2009. Photographs of various HER sites by Andrew Taylor (CD 2). Colour. Yes. Digital.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2011. Photographs of the Skye Bridge. Colour digital. Yes. Digital.
- --- Text/Publication/Article/Newspaper Article: Penman, J. 1997. Decisions on Skye Bridge 'careless' [newscutting]. The Scotsman.
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Miers, M.. 2008. The Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide. Paperback. 197.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7477 2700 (816m by 739m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.