MHG17643 - Daila Chregain
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SETTLEMENT (Undated)
- None recorded
NM65NW 4 centred on 625 588
Dailachreagain. NM 624 587 and NM 626 590. Remains of c. 20 houses, occupied by 1755.
P Gaskell 1968
Two houses are still occupied. The burial ground at NM 6265 5887 contains several unmarked head stones and two recent monuments, the latest dated 1931. There is no trace of a church as suggested by the name Rudha na h' Eaglaise.
Visited by OS (R L) 1 June 1970
Twelve unroofed, six roofed buildings, three enclosures, a burial ground (NM65NW 15), and a head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xl). Eight unroofed, two partially roofed, two roofed buildings, one enclosure, and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 14 May 1998
Tombstones dating back to 1707.
Scottish Woodland Ltd, J.R.J.Reith. 1996.
J Aitken : 23/07/01.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6250 5880 (160m by 160m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/22472 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.