MHG17888 - The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- NON ANTIQUITY (Undated)
NC50NE 95 574 057.
A cup-shaped hollow 6ft across and 1 1/2 feet deep open to the north.
Visited 14 June 1909.
There is nothing to indicate that this is other than a natural hollow.
Visited by OS (EGC) 29 June 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 141, no. 406.
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5740 0570 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/82054 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.