MHG18413 - Building - Creag Na Sroine

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH68NE 67 6665 8979

A single unroofed building, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879-81, sheet cxi), but it is not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 22 November 1995.

This building, visited during a forestry survey by Headland Archaeology (NMRS MS 899/25, no.26), survives as a low rectangular rubble footing, measuring 7m by 3m, in a forestry plantation.
S Carter and J Wordsworth (Headland Archaeology) 5 February 1997; NMRS MS 899/25, no.26

NH 66 90 (centre) A short-notice forestry survey was undertaken by Headland Archaeology Ltd over roughly 7.5sq km of land to the W of Spinningdale on the northern shore of the Dornoch Firth. A total of 28 features or groups of features of archaeological interest were recorded, 19 of which had previously been noted. The majority are post-medieval settlement sites (buildings, farmsteads and settlement sites) recorded first by the OS in 1874.
NH 6663 8980 Building. (NMRS NH 68 NE 67)
Sponsor: Historic Scotland
S Carter 1997

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6665 8979 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH68NE
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish CREICH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.