MHG18493 - BA Flat Axe, 'Caithness'
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
(Unclassified flat axe). 'Caithness'. Flat axe fragment, butt missing, very blunt cutting edge, cleaned, green (?); length 47mm, cutting edge 44mm, weight 150 gms. NMAS DA 94.
P K Schmidt and C B Burgess 1981.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1971. 'Scottish Early Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 101 1968-9, p.1-110. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 1-110. 81.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Junghans, Sangmeister and Schroder, S, E and M. 1968. Studien zu den Anfangen der Metallurgie II: Kupfer und Bronze in der fruhen Metallzeit Europas. pt. 2.3, no. 7308.
- --- Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. DA 94.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Schmidt and Burgess, P K and C B. 1981. 'The axes of Scotland and Northern England', Prahistorische Bronzefunde Vol. 9. Prahistorische Bronzefunde. 52, no. 281.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1928. 'Donations to and purchases for the Library and Museum', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 62 1927-8, p.8-22, 81-5, 133-38, 164-6, 225-82, 255-9. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 8-22, 81-5, 133-38, 164-6. 82, no. 1.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1999 5999 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/88565 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.