MHG1887 - Stone Axe - Barrock Mains
Stone axe, Barrock Mains
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A stone axe, 10 5/8ins by 3 3/8ins, from Barrock Mains, Lyth (? Home Farm: ND 282 625) was donated to NMAS by Sir John Sinclair of Barrock (Acc No: AF 665).
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1923.
This axehead was loaned to Dunbeath Heritage Museum where is is on display. <1>
- --- Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 665.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1924. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 58 1923-4, p.11-23, 100-2, 140-2, 224-7, 284-5, 322-4. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 11-23, 100-2, 140-2, 224-. 17.
- <1> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Dunbeath Heritage Centre Archives.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2819 6249 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8836 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.