MHG1907 - Limekiln - Buldoo, Latheron, Caithness
An old limekiln is shown and labelled on OS maps to the east of the village of Latheron, Caithness.
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
An old limekiln is shown and labelled on the 1st and 2nd Edition OS maps to the east of the village of Latheron. <1> <2> <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1876-77. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Caithness (surveyed 1870-73). Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-3. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Caithness (surveyed 1870-72). Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 20162 33598 (7m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8652 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.