MHG1927 - Thrumster Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Thrumster Station GR corrected to above from 2nd edition OS, NB buildng is on W side of railway line - HAW
Plans to renovate building 4/2003 - HAW
ND34NW 17 3366 4521
(Location cited as ND 337 452). Thrumster Station, built 1903 for the Wick and Lybster Light Rly. and the best-preserved station of that company. A small single-storey wooden building, four bays long, incorporating a tiny goods shed. On the platform side is a neat awning and adjacent to the station is the single-storey stationmaster's house.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Lybster branch of the former Highland Rly. was opened by the Wick and Lybster Light Rly. on 1 July 1903 and closed to regular passenger traffic in 1 April 1944.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 6 January 1999.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 229.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 199; pl. 86.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3367 4523 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8971 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.