MHG19306 - Rivra
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH69SE 39 centred on 6707 9065
A township, comprising one roofed building, two partially roofed buildings, one unroofed building, three enclosures and what may be a head-dyke, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879-81, cxi). Two roofed building, one unroofed building and some field walls are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 22 November 1995.
Only the very N extent of the township lies within an area surveyed by Headland Archaeology (NMRS MS 899/25 no.14). One rectangular building measuring 10m by 4.5m with coursed rubble walls standing up to 1m in height was noted along with a small field.
S Carter and J Wordsworth (Headland Archaeology) 5 February 1997; NMRS MS 899/25, no.14
NH 66 90 (centre) A short-notice forestry survey was undertaken by Headland Archaeology Ltd over roughly 7.5sq km of land to the W of Spinningdale on the northern shore of the Dornoch Firth. A total of 28 features or groups of features of archaeological interest were recorded, 19 of which had previously been noted. The majority are post-medieval settlement sites (buildings, farmsteads and settlement sites) recorded first by the OS in 1874.
NH 6730 9055 Township. (NMRS NH 69 SE 39)
Sponsor: Historic Scotland
S Carter 1997
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6707 9065 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/91389 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.