MHG1963 - Church, Knocktarloc
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Early Medieval - 561 AD to 1057 AD)
- None recorded
There was a church of St Talore or Tarloc near to the village of Watten (ND 241 545).
A MacKay 1914.
To S of Greystones (ND 245 543), in Watten parish, is Knocktarloc - Tarloc's Knowe - (not noted in ONB), but since Tarloc was a common Pictish name, it is not necessarily site of his church. Tarloc or Tarlogan, was companion of St Donnan (d617).
D Beaton 1909.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Beaton, D. 1909. Ecclesiastical history of Caithness and annals of Caithness parishes. 80-1.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Beaton, D (ed.). 1914. History of the Province of Caithness and Sutherland from the Earliest Times to 1615. 35.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, G.. 1991. Caithness Chapel Sites.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2450 5430 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8787 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.