MHG19699 - Aultnagar Lodge
A large Arts and Crafts and domestic Tudor-Revival style lodge with a rare interior scheme by Liberty. By Robert J Macbeth, 1910, for Andrew Carnegie.
Type and Period (1)
- COUNTRY HOUSE (Built, 20th Century - 1910 AD to 1910 AD)
REFERENCE: Aultnagar Lodge, by Lairg, Sutherland, Creich parish.
Northern Times, August 18th 1910, "begun, to be completed 1911".
Macbeth appears to have worked on the lodge without Ross.
This building was added to the statutory list in January 2012. <1>
Full architectural details are available in Historic Scotland's listed building description (see link at bottom of this record). <2>
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 26/01/2012. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Thirty Fifth Amendment) 2012. HB51872.
- <2> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5837 9893 (45m by 57m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB51872 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/92184 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.