MHG2027 - Church, Mount Halie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Early Medieval to Medieval - 561 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Mound Hellie, or Halie, near the E end of town, was probably the site of parish church before Reformation (NSA 1845) (but see ND35SE 1). This is presumably a reference to site of house named Mounthooly (ND 3654 5106) in 1873.
NSA 1845; Name Book 1873; OS 6" map, Caithness, 1st ed., (1873)
- --- SHG1656 Text/Publication/Article: Myatt, L J. 1975. 'The early ecclesiatical remains of Wick Parish', Caithness Fld Club Bulletin Vol. 1 Oct 1975, p.81-4. Caithness Fld Club Bulletin. 81-4. 81, 84.
- --- SHG2597 Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 15, (Caithness), 161.
- --- SHG3344 Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 14, 25.
- --- SHG3470 Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, G.. 1991. Caithness Chapel Sites.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3654 5106 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9137 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.