MHG204 - Icehouse, Keiss Harbour
Early C19 single chambered, rubble vaulted icehouse.
Type and Period (1)
- ICEHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1850 AD (between))
ND36SE 26 3518 6098.
East Caithness Local Plan, May1987: P31/2.53.
J Aitken : 22/05/01.
HCAU visit 23/4/08. Icehouse appears to be in a similar condition as in 1986 when the listed building photograph was taken. The door, however, has been removed <1>.
Keith Tilley posted a photograph of this site on the Highland HER Facebook page in June 2011. <2>
<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist, 30/04/2008 (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.
<2> Highland Council, 2011, Highland HER Facebook page, Keith Tilley, 07/06/2009 (Interactive Resource/Webpage). SHG25262.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3517 6097 (11m by 15m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (4)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:14086 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14086 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=2830 (Buildings at Risk register entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9325 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.