MHG20939 - Township - Tighamhadaidh
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
NH68NW 28 centred on 611 878
A township comprising five roofed, one partially roofed and four unroofed buildings, some field walls and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1879-81, sheet xxvii). Three roofed, two partially roofed and two unroofed buildings, an enclosure, some field walls and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 12 March 1996
In 2014 ARCH provided a number of courses, field trips and other activities exploring and researching the remains of the 19th century engineer, road and church builder Thomas Telford. A project was undertaken in Kyle of Sutherland, during which many sites, some not directly related to Telford, were visited and photographed by participants. The farmhouse (at NGR 261004 887870) was renovated in the 1950s, but burnt down shortly afterwards. <1>
GIS spatial data amended in 2018 according to OS MasterMap. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6114 8796 (394m by 429m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/telford-in-kyle-of-sutherland.asp (Visit the ARCH Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project page)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/103893 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.