MHG21110 - Village Hall, Achiltibuie
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) DRILL HALL (20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD to 2008 AD?)
- VILLAGE HALL (20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD to 2008 AD?)
- None recorded
Thumbnail photo of Achiltibuie Village Hall
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 02/04
Built as a drill hall. Now made redundant by the new village hall over the road.
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 23/03/04
The Achiltibuie drill hall is a simple timber building, once used as village hall and now used as a piping school. The National Records of Scotland have a plan (RHP34721) showing a proposed extension in 1913. In 1914 the hall was the drill station for "E" Squadron, Lovat Scouts.
Recorded as part of HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project, 2013. <1> <2> <3>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <4>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Osbourne, M. 2006. Always Ready: Drill Halls of Britain's Volunteer Forces. pp. 266.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 104585.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp. 64, table 43.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 434.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NC 0282 0772 (25m by 27m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104585 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.