MHG21193 - Enclosure - Camas-an-Leim
Enclosure and lazy beds at Camas-an-Leim
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- LAZY BEDS (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
An enclosure is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xcii), but it is not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 24 April 1996.
The area known as the Aird Peninsula, Shieldaig was surveyed by Anne McInnes and Terry Doe in 2013.
Enclosure. An area with lazy beds and peat cutting at NG 81877 55576. A well worked area. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG28167 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Aird Peninsula, Shieldaig. Unaffiliated. Digital. p.4.
- <2> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <3> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8182 5558 (112m by 77m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104995 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.