MHG21382 - Enclosure. Isle of Ewe
Enclosure. Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
What may be a farmstead comprising an unroofed long building, and two enclosures lying about 100m to the NW are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xix). The enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 23 April 1996
Large adjacent enclosure (to Site 46). The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2014 Aps <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.46 Site 47.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014. XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8516 8883 (65m by 75m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105035 (View HER Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.