MHG2153 - Flints and Leaf Shaped Arrowhead - Midtown
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Worked flints and a quartz leaf-shaped arrowhead, from Midtown, Freswick (ND 379 684) are in the NMAS. The arrowhead was donated by Simon Bremner, Midtown, in 1927 and the others were purchased in 1935.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1927; 1935.
No further information was obtained regarding this find.
Visited by OS (J B) 21 July 1982.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1935. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library and exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 69 1934-5, p.9-26,118-21,246-50,322-4,397-401,435-43. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-26,118-21,246-50,322-4,. 438.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1927. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 61 1926-7, p.9-29, 104-11, 164-9, 192-5, 234-8, 259-63. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-29, 104-11, 164-9, 192-. 262.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3789 6840 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9267 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.