MHG2156 - MBA Spearhead - nr Freswick
BA Spearhead, Nr Freswick
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A Middle Bronze Age looped and socketed bronze spearhead, 4 7/8 ins long, found near Freswick (ND 37 67) was exhibited to the Soc Antiqs Scot by John Nicholson, Nybster, in December 1910.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1911; J M Coles 1966.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1966. 'Scottish Middle Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 97 1963-4, p.82-156. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 82-156. 142.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1911. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 45 1910-11, p.10-17, 152-7, 220-4, 315-18, 366-70, 416-18. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 10-17, 152-7, 220-4, 315-. 15.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3699 6700 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- SPEARHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9272 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.