MHG21602 - Station - Conon Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Conon Station. This intermediate station on the Inverness - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the (former) Highland Railway was opened (by the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway) on 11 June 1862. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960, the line itself remaining in use.
R V J Butt 1995.
Basic photographic recording of the area of the former station was carried in 2012 as a condition of a planning application for the formation of a new railway platform and parking area, the upgrading of Station Road and the formation of turning head. Only a small area of cobbling, probably related to the original station, remained. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5412 5502 (30m by 62m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105464 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.