MHG21692 - Tomatin, Post Office
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- POST OFFICE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Originally post office, before bridge was built. <1>
Marked as a post office on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of the area. <2>
One of the locations of Tomatin's Post office. It was also MacDougall's Stores in the early 20th century. <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). Canmore ID 105221.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Strathdearn. Yes. Digital. Site 18.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8029 2885 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||MOY AND DALAROSSIE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105221 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.