MHG22189 - Kindeace House, Stables
The stable block to Kindeace House, built in 1869 by Alexander Ross.
Type and Period (3)
- CARRIAGE HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
- STABLE (Built, 19th Century - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
- ESTATE COTTAGE (Built, 19th Century - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
ARCHITECT: Alexander Ross (I.A. 7 May 1896)-stables, keepers house and kennels
Note that the above reference from Canmore should read 7 May 1869. <1>
The stables form a U-plan block linked to the rear of the main house by harled and coped retaining walls forming a rectangular court. The left projecting wing is the former carriage house and the right wing a former cottage. <2>
The stable block was converted into two houses in the 1980s. Photographs of the eastern house exterior were submitted to the HER in March 2009 as a requirement of planning consent for alterations. The accompanying letter states that no original internal features survive.<3>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <2> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB 7877.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Black, T. 2009. Photographs of Coach House East, Kindeace. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 72524 73358 (29m by 24m) (Mastermap)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||KILMUIR EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7877 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/107266 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.