MHG22206 - Locheilside Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NM97NE 1 9948 7867
See also NM88SE 1.
This intermediate station on the Fort William (Mallaig Junction) - Mallaig line (the 'West Highland extension') of the former North British Rly was opened on 1 April 1901. It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.
R V J Butt 1995.
Locheilside Station (NBR) opened 1.4.1901
Martin Briscoe has submitted photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <1>
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 147.
- <1> SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 9948 7866 (84m by 25m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG22206 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/107612 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.