MHG22284 - Burnhill, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Formerly known as Breadalbane, this was built by Daniel Scott, an Inspector of Schools, who came from Perthshire. The Sasine abridgements show that the plot was bought in 1887 by Daniel Scott, clerk of the School Board, from the Countess of Cromartie. The house was built in early 1888. In 1899 it was bought by Mary Macneil, wife of Duncan Bain of Elgin. In 1914 it was bought by Edith Christian Macrae & Dorothea Kathleen Macrae, daughters of Donald Macrae, jeweller of Inverness. The Macintoshes lived here in the 1960s and 1970s. The plot size is listed as 2031 sq yards. The property had iron steps at the back for Dr Chisholm; these no longer survive.
Information from Fiona Newton, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project (Information from Sasine abridgements supplied by descendent of Daniel Scott to Fiona Newton.) <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4850 5839 (19m by 19m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108831 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.