MHG22289 - Police Station, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- POLICE STATION (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
See assoc. docs. File (photos).
J Aitken : 13/03/02.
The plot boundaries shown on the OS 2nd edition map (1906) suggest that the police station was built on what must have been part of the garden of Hamilton House (MHG16358). This building, the successor of a previous police station at NH 48679 58363, was built in the 1950s/60s and went out of use in the 1980/90s. It is marked on the modern OS map as a former police station. It has been demolished.
Information from Kitty Campbell; Jennifer Haslam; Fiona Newton, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4830 5806 (33m by 29m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108964 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.