MHG22290 - Mount - Castle Heather
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Copper-alloy openwork mount decorated with ropework motif. Found with metal detector near Castle Heather.
R G Hanley and K Macleod 1996 <1>
This mount was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 145/97) and allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. It is listed under Acc. No. 1998.025. <2>
Treasure Trove documentation and a photograph of the mount are kept with the Inverness Museum archive files. <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Hanley and Macleod, R G and I. 1996. 'Castle Heather (Inverness and Bona parish), copper alloy mount', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1996, p.65. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 65. 65.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 145/97.
- <3> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 1998.025.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6790 4189 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- BUCKLE (Undated)
- MOUNT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108968 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.