MHG22331 - Crackaig, Farm, Generator House
The remote reserve generator for Loth Radar Station.
Type and Period (3)
- POWER STATION (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- ENGINE HOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- STAND BY SET HOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
The remote reserve generator for Loth Radar Station is situated 100m W of Crackaig House (NC91SE 7.00). Constructed of shuttered concrete with an entrance at both ends, much of the earth cover for the bunker has been removed since its use as a cattle shelter for the farm. The bunker is visible on vertical air photographs (CPE/Scot/UK/225, 3428-29, flown 1947).
Information from RCAHMS (DE) February 1999 <1>
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe via the Highland HER Flickr group.<2>
<1> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Canmore ID 101264 (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<2> Briscoe, J M, 2008-11, Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe, via Flickr (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23810.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). Canmore ID 101264.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 9583 1066 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG22331 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/101264 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.